Yo, Ivey! Thanks for nominating me! It has been a loooooong time since I wrote a post. And every time I tried, I ended up doing something else instead. So thank you for motivating me to update something. I love how you emphasized that word in your blog.
And upon further stalking(?) I also saw that Remy nominated me! Thanks, Remy!
So here goes…
In order to accept the Liebster Award, the blogger must:
1. Thank the person who nominated me and provide a link back to his or her blog
2. List 11 random facts about myself
3. Answer 11 questions from those who nominated me
4. Choose bloggers to nominate and provide links to their blogs
5. Go to each nominee’s page to let them know how I nominated them
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURS TRULY:
I AM IN LOVE…
with pastel colors. It’s kind of obvious, but pastel colors really brighten up my day in ways I don’t even know how. From clothes to my everyday things, if there’s an available product in pastel colors, I’d likely choose that one instead. They’re so relaxing to look at to. Very pretty.
are one of my favorite things in the world. And what I love most is the meaning behind every single one of them. As you all know, I’ve chosen Freesia as my pen name. Flower-choice.com said that this flower epitomizes grace under pressure and is the ideal way to congratulate someone who kept their cool under difficult circumstances.
I frequently received this compliment before. There was even this instance when I was in college. We were doing experiments for our thesis, and the paper, where I was writing things, suddenly caught fire from the burner. For one, the table was fire-proof, so there was nothing to worry about. I found it quite exciting how my paper was burning, and while being amused, I slowly pushed the paper to the sink. But a friend of mine, who was doing her own work at the table next to mine, saw what was going on and she instantly panicked. She was so hysterical that we caught the attention of everyone in the room right away. The sound they made was as good as the fire alarm. After the fire got quenched in a few seconds, they were all laughing at me and saying how I wasn’t panicking when I was supposed to. I was rather amused than panicky. I honestly wanted to see if I could make it to the sink before the whole thing burnt out. I have no idea if this certain way of how I view things is good or not. But it is, ideally, dangerous haha. Be sure to tell your teacher or professor if a paper is burning in the lab 🙂
I’M ADDICTED TO…
K-dramas. Enough said haha. K-dramas and I are inseparable. If you get to know me in real life, you’ll find me glued to the computer or TV or my phone, and watching a series from time to time. I’ll be out of reach during those moments, and talking to me would be next to impossible. I was once an anime addict, but when I hit my twenties, I turned to K-dramas instead. I love how innovative and unique they are. Whenever I’m lacking inspiration or when the world is getting tougher to handle, I watch a whole series, and I’ll feel better. It’s my periodical source of inspiration.
is the kind of movie that I love to watch. And being this way ever since I could remember, I might have watched all the rom-com movies created during the year 2001 and up. That’s not an exaggeration, trust me. My favorite is still, Letter to Juliet. There’s a long list for the following spots, and I think that if have to write all of them, a separate post is needed.
WHAT’S ALWAYS RUNNING IN MY HEAD…
are storylines that I want to write someday. I have to be a writer, because there are so many stories in my head and it feels like my head will explode if I don’t’ write them out. Writing is my outlet for those thoughts.
sound is my favorite kind of music. I’m a music lover, and one song equals one story in my head. But I’m also very picky when it comes to music. One of my pet peeves is listening to something that I don’t like. But a song made and sung with a guitar could never go wrong.
I once tried to learn how to play the guitar, because a once favorite song of mine in high school was a song called Dearest. The lyric goes like:
the melody that two of us were singing, you can hear me humming it still
i cried for an hour, when i couldn’t see you anymore
i send the sounds of my guitar over the phone
as i play for you to listen
and when i play that phrase of refrain
my chest grows heavy yet i still play on
So I wanted to do that. I wanted to play guitar over the phone hahaha. But it never happened, so now I only listen to songs instead.
Current favorite singers: T. Swift, Demi Lovato, Kris Allen, Carly Rae Jepsen, Fun., Ed Sheeran, Britt Nicole
makes me feel nostalgic and warm. I love the concept of rain: dancing in the rain, singing in the rain, kissing in the rain, shouting in the rain, running in the rain, confessing love in the rain, acting crazy in the rain, and all that. It’s sooooo romantic.
I LIKE AUTHORS…
with big words, lots of humors, and a captivating story. I was a bookworm before I became a writer. It was my love for reading and the beauty of books that pushed me to write my own book and to bring my own thoughts to life. I probably talked about my favorite authors frequently, to the point where the ones who had read all my interviews probably knew them by heart as well. But I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of mentioning them whenever. I’m very passionate about the things I love.
are the cutest thing on earth. I’m irrevocably attracted to kids. I love those puppy eyes. Sooo cute. I’m gonna die.
ACHIEVEMENTS I’M PROUD ABOUT…
My RMT and ASCPi Licenses that I bled and almost died for before. I was a good student, but earning those required more than being a good student. You have to be crazy and lose your head along the process. That explains a lot why I’m like this now hahaha. 🙂
And my babies!! Winning a Watty Award for Getting It Straight!! Yay!! And for receiving an official Best Cover award for Like Yesterday!! Yay!! Thank you for all those who made this happen! Love you guys always!
remind me that a word or two can change a person, and can do some earth-shaking effect on people. I’m one of them. And with my writing, I’m hoping that I can also touch lives the way these people from above touched mine. Such feeling can never be bought, is irreplaceable, and impossible to forget. And nothing could ever equal to it. Something that precious.
And yup, that’s my current wallpaper. Can you name where those quotes came from?
AND FOR THE QUESTIONS…
1. What do you wish to accomplish by having a blog? Is there a reason you started in the first place? Does it still apply now?
I wanted this blog to be an extension of my other thoughts, the things I sometimes think about, and the moments I want to share with my readers. Yes, it still applies now, and even so if I can actually update it often haha.
2. A quote which describes your philosophy of life.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. Favourite subject at school? And if you are no longer attending school/college, what used to be your favourite subject?
Literature. Or anything else but history or world geography.
4. In fifty words or less, describe yourself from a third person’s perspective. Whether it’s physical appearance or the inside of your mind is your decision.
Em looked up in the sky, seeing how it was so blue today. She wished for rain, for cool winds, for something to soothe her confused mind. And then she thought, It will be easier if I know what tomorrow holds.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? Is it a secret?
I probably encountered this question a lot of times. And I probably answered them differently. But another guilty pleasure of mine is seeing a ketchup sachet, and instantly thinking that I want to open it and eat it, even if there are no fries in sight. I must have loved ketchup to the point that I’m having funny thoughts with it. Now that sounds creepy hahahaha.
6. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Invent a cure for cancer.
7. Are you anything like your parents?
I grew up without a dad, so I don’t know if I’m like him or anything haha. But I inherited some of my mom’s taste, like growing plants and putting up a garden.
8. Three words to describe who you are not.
An eloquent speaker.
9. What is a question you are always asked?
Are you a Filipino?
10. The last (or best) compliment you received?
11. Something you really want to eat right now.
Bubble Milk Tea. With Pearls. I’ll eat the pearls while drinking the tea 🙂
1. Why do you blog?
I blog to share my extra thoughts. Sometimes, writing books is not enough haha.
2. What is your first book you remember reading?
I think, it was the Pilgrim’s Progress? Or maybe that was the first book that I needed to read from start to finish.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
The writer of the Book of Proverbs.
4. You’ve just woken up from a coma that you’ve been in for two years. Who’s the first person you want to see?
5. How do you see yourself and how do you want other people to see you?
I see myself as someone dancing in the rain and having a good time. And no, I personally don’t want everyone to see me dancing in the rain like crazy. They might send me to the nearest psychiatrist. I’d rather let them see me as a very normal individual?
6. Most recent lie you’ve ever told?
I’m almost there.
7. What’s one superpower you’d like to have?
To be able to fly.
8. Have you read Harry Potter?
Nope. But I promised someone that I’d read it. And I promised myself that I would. But I’m also afraid that I need a sufficient amount of time to do so. So when I finished Gossips, Lies, and Candy Sprinkles & Written in the Sand this year, I’ll read the series.
9. If you didn’t read Harry Potter, read it. If you have, tell us why it’s awesome (because it is) and who your favorite character is/why.
I’ll tell you later, Ivey!
10. Who was your childhood crush? Are you two still friends?
He goes by the initial: JPL. And yes, we’re friends until now.
11. You’re having dinner with anybody in the world, dead or alive. Who is it?
I also don’t follow many blogs like Ivey haha. And among the ones I wanted to nominate, they’re the only ones who have blogs. So to my nominees, here are my questions:
1. If you can only write one book your whole life, what kind of book do you want to write?
2. Last movie that you have watched?
3. What’s the latest thing that made you smile?
4. Who is the happiest person you know?
5. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
6. Would you rather live without TV or music?
7. What’s your favorite thing about Wattpad?
8. If you could invent one thing to make your everyday life easier, what would it be?
9. Who was the weirdest guy you went out with and why?
10. If someone is being bullied and comes to you, what advice would you give them?
11. What is your favorite random phrase?
So there’s my newest post! Thank you so much, Ivey and Remy!
Until next time! I’m off and will be your writer for a while.