BRING = Camera and your squad. The more, the more. I mean, the merrier. And don’t forget the spare memory card and battery. 😁
DO = Take pictures.
WEAR = Dress up (we should have dressed up).
Destination: ART IN ISLAND
It’s an interactive art museum located at 175 15th Ave., Brgy. Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City, 1109 Metro Manila.
When to go…
On your birthday. Free entrance fee! Yay! 😂 Hahahaha. So as we were reading the policies, posters outside the museum, I saw that the entrance fee (Php 500.00 for adults and Php 400.00 for kids) was actually free for those whose birthdays were a day before, the same day, or the day after. And yup, since it was a day after my birthday when we went to the museum, it’s on them. Their friendly staff even greeted me happy birthday.
We really enjoyed taking pictures for hours. Going to Art In Island is like being pulled in a time warp zone. You won’t realize how long you’ve been taking pictures. Well, not until you get to the exit (after a decade hahaha) and see that it’s already nighttime.
So how does it work…
- Bring your camera. I mean, I don’t know what you’re going to do there if you don’t bring your camera. It’s an art museum, but you will appreciate it more if you see the effects on your phones or cameras.
- Be prepared to go barefooted. Wear nice socks and leave the ones with holes at home. Or go barefooted. And yeah, clean your nails. But either way, I bet that everyone there is busy taking pictures to even notice if your socks got holes or you haven’t got a pedicure in ages.
- Pay the entrance fee and you’re up for a very fun adventure in a two-storey building.
How to take the pictures…
- There are instructions. Plus, they also put several examples or poses you could do.
- The staff are friendly and they will offer to take pictures for you.
- Put on your most dramatic face because you will be eaten by dinosaurs and sea creatures over and over again. Practice your scared look. It would be a great help.
- Be creative. Try all sorts of things. Have fun.
Some of my favorite shots:
Check out our vlog: